Want to Volunteer?
One of the most important components of our organization are the volunteers, without whom AMICCO could not exist. While some Chorus and Orchestra members are volunteer performers, most of the administrative and business functions of AMICCO are performed by volunteers who are not musicians. They are members of the Board of Directors the workers behind the scenes who manage AMICCO’s financial affairs, raise funds, sell program ads, work on the committees, sell tickets to concerts, usher and serve as hosts at receptions and other AMICCO events.
They do all this because they absolutely love good music and strongly support what The Chorus & Orchestra of Anna Maria Island contributes to the cultural life of the greater Tampa Bay area. We invite you to join us.
Click here to access our Contact form where you can indicate your preferences.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
The Treasurer is a member of the Board of Directors and serves on its Executive Committee. The Treasurer is responsible for the financial transactions and records of the organization. At each meeting of the Board of Directors the Treasurer submits a financial report regarding income/expenses to date, as compared to Budget projections. The Treasurer chairs the Finance/Budget Committee and ensures the duties incident to the office are managed. The Ticket Sales Manager and Bookkeeper report to the Treasurer.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Treasurer, works closely with the Executive Director and performs these duties: Make Deposits, maintain donations database (Excel), categorize deposits/payments in QuickBooks, write and distribute checks, furnish monthly balance sheet and P/L statements, support annual budget preparation, pay subcontract musicians / prepare and report 1099 & 1096 information, file 501(c)(3) and other State / Federal reports.
Fundraising / Grant Manager
The Fundraising / Grant Manager serves as an Officer of the Board, works directly with the Executive Director and is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing all fundraising efforts.
- Design development activities and conduct campaigns
- Manage annual giving program and special fundraising events/activities
- Lead the writing of grant applications and identify task force members to carry out this task
- Integrate fundraising goals with social media technology to maximize AMICCO’s online presence
- Determine opportunities for community outreach and partnership in an effort to strengthen AMICCO’s presence
Ticket / Box Office Manager
The Ticket / Box Office Manager reports to the Treasurer, works closely with the Executive Director and performs these duties:
- Implement AMICCO’s ticket policy (pricing, series tickets, complimentary policy, etc.) and make recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Provide updates at Board meetings
- Maintain accurate records of tickets sales
- Manage the sale and distribution of tickets through online technology; reconcile online payment receipts
- Liaise with Chamber of Commerce, providing tickets and bank for direct Chamber sales
- Manage Box Office at each concert to ensure effective pre-concert onsite ticket sales
The Executive Assistant serves on various Board Committees as required or requested. Assisting the Secretary and Executive Director in various tasks, the EA will help maintain records of donors, assist in bookkeeping, marketing and social media efforts as well as provide onsite support at performances including Symphony on the Sand as well as fundraisers.
Other opportunities to become involved:
- Public Relations/Publicity/Publications/Social Media/Marketing
- Program Ad Sales
- Youth Program